Creating an elaborate history essay from scratch
Writing a history essay from scratch involves several steps. It helps to choose a topic of interest and for some students this alone can be a challenge when history can be a boring topic itself. If you try to look at the assignment from another perspective it may make things easier for you when you start writing. Writing from scratch can be interesting since it will involve a series of actions to write about your topic in an engaging manner. The following points give a basic idea of what goes into writing a history paper from scratch.
- Choose a history topic of interest. You can choose something you have yet to learn about or something that others will find just as interesting.
- Define your thesis statement and think about details needed to support it. You may come up with a basic idea for a statement or argument to express as you research your idea further. Some students may get a general idea when they completed their research.
- Know what information will appear in each part of the essay such as the introduction, body paragraphs and conclusion. Again, this will come together for you upon doing research for your topic. You can still get a few ideas when you think about information you want to include in your paper before completing research.
- Have an idea of what sources to use for research. Depending on your topic you should make a list of possible sources to use to help you get started.
- Write you essay using notes from research and consider creating an outline to help you. An outline can help you separate and organize notes you collect during the research process.
- Once your draft is completed go back and revise or rewrite content to clarify details. Many students neglect this action as it can help improve essay quality when mistakes and errors are corrected.
- Proofread and edit your essay; make necessary changes. Paragraphs should flow from one to another with clear meaning and logic explanation. If you do not take time to proofread and edit your essay you may want to consider working with a professional editor or proofreader who can do this task for you.
- Finalize your content and make sure guidelines and instructions have been met. Another reason why students lose points on their essay is because they did not follow directions or they left out information.